The #1 Paranormal News Site
I'm a skeptical lurker on this sub. But hats off to you guys for finding and sharing really amazing stuff!
Somebody linked to the Turkey/Leir footage on a recent thread: https://youtu.be/IUEjeYn5Obg?list=PLO7UgCvNvFjj1RjxVTjLgmdjsMyz8uh5B
Amazing clip!! But my questions are:
1) I wasn't around this sub when this was released. What was the reaction to it around here?
2) Has this been debunked? I read that a scientific organization poured over it and found no evidence of fakery. True? Any developments since?
3) I'm unfamiliar with Dr. Leir, was he credible?
4) Are these story beats correct? Security guard sees and records ufo with camera. Year later, sees the same and records again. A year later it returns yet again and Dr. Leir was (?somehow? ?for some reason?) there to investigate and operated the camera himself (same camera?) and captured the actual pilots.
5) IF this video is legit, seems to me it may be the single most incredible footage ever recorded. (unless that 1940's looking "captive live alien closeup" is also legit. That one would be a bigger deal but I'm not sure the debunk status of that either). Anyway, if Leir's footage is legit, why did it take me so long to come upon it? Why isn't it the most circulated piece of video ever?
6) Lastly, as I understand the story, Leir did exactly what we'd all hope for: Captured CLOSE UP footage and then immediately disseminated web-wide to keep it from suppression. My puzzlement about that is I'm not convinced that is fool-proof enough of a solution. If you followed the recent "Alien Selfie" hoax, you're no doubt aware that the real mystery wasn't the fake alien, it was the amazing power of suppression that was scrubbing the image from the web. With that in mind, how is Leir's footage able to park in one spot for any length of time? The video I linked to at the top was uploaded 6 years ago and has almost a million views. What gives?
Much obliged for any insights.