The #1 Paranormal News Site
Imagine if there was a way that we could reach out to alien life on other planets. To send them a message of peace and harmony. May seem like something that could only exist in science fiction but as technology advances. It seems that maybe this is closer to reality than we may think. It turns out that there is a group of scientist that are working on the theory and hope to start implementing the program by the year 2018.
New Probe To Communicate with Aliens
The project which is known as Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence or METI for short involves using a probe to give off signals out to space in the hope of getting a response from an alien race. The main reason why the project won’t commence for yet another year is funding. For the program to even be initiated. It would take at least a million dollars. This money would be used to create the probe and obtain a strong enough transmitter to give off the signal.
Another thing that the team will work hard on is the message. It must be something that will be able to translate to other alien races and to be able to deliver the proper message. This achievement alone could take the time to perfect. But as far as restrictions go on earth, turns out there aren’t any. That’s right perhaps the authorities here on earth never thought the day would come when ET would want to phone home or well we would want to phone ET long distance. So, there was no need regulate messages that went out to other galaxies.
So, how long could this project take? Well, right now it’s just in the concept stage, and no doubt there will be a long road ahead even to get the program launched. Who knows what will happen in the time before. Could METI end up with a rival who wants to beat them to the punch so to speak, kind of like the United States and Russia competed in the Space Race? Could perhaps we finally realize that there are messages being sent to us from an alien race? It’s believed this could already be the case, and so far we have either ignored the messages or have concealed them from the public. In any case, this is just the beginning for METI and all things must start at the beginning.
The primary objectives and purposes of METI International are to:
– Conduct scientific research and educational programs in Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence (METI) and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI).
– Promote international cooperation and collaboration in METI, SETI, and astrobiology.
– Understand and communicate the societal implications and relevance of searching for life beyond Earth, even before detection of extraterrestrial life.
– Foster multidisciplinary research on the design and transmission of interstellar messages, building a global community of scholars from the natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and arts.
– Research and communicate to the public the many factors that influence the origins, evolution, distribution, and future of life in the universe, with a special emphasis on the last three terms of the Drake Equation: (1) the fraction of life-bearing worlds on which intelligence evolves, (2) the fraction of intelligence-bearing worlds with civilizations having the capacity and motivation for interstellar communication, and (3) the longevity of such civilizations.
– Offer programs to the public and to the scholarly community that foster increased awareness of the challenges facing our civilization’s longevity, while encouraging individual and community activities that support the sustainability of human culture on multigenerational timescales, which is essential for long-term METI and SETI research.
This article (Scientists Launch New Program Called METI Aiming To Talk To Extraterrestrials) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with full attribution and a link to the original source on Disclose.tv